Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another homebirth; another baby dies a preventable death

A blog reports on the death of a friend's baby at homebirth (http://mommytoamonkeyandaprincess.blogspot.com/2008/05/katarina-didnt-make-it.html):
Then my phone starts beeping again. There is a text message ... "Call Holly regarding Brandy's baby"

I put the phone back to me ear and hear prolapse and ambulance and Baylor...

Holly responds "Brandy is fine," and there is a long pause... "Katarina didn't make it."

I didn't want to believe Holly, I knew that I imagined that horrible little word. That nasty stupid measly three letter word. That sweet little baby that was supposed to come out and be big and healthy and gorgeous couldn't be gone... I'm scared to death that some insensitive soul is going to say that it is because she chose to home birth. I want to protect them from any mean looks or words but I'm probably not going to even be able to do that.

Labels:

0 Old Comments: