Saturday, May 20, 2006

A new message board

A blog, by its very nature, is dominated by the author. I write the posts and I guide the discussion. A blog offers only limited space for reader comments. I'd like to provide a place where participants can communicate with each other and where everyone can share their birth stories, from the perspective of the mother or the midwife. I'd love to learn more about everyone by reading about the personal experiences that have led them to the convictions that they have today.I also think a message board could be a valuable resource for women contemplating homebirth. Therefore, I have created the Birth Experiences Message Board.

I will not participate in the message board, but I will monitor it and delete any offensive posts. In addition, I will monitor for people assuming multiple identities on the board. I want eveyone to feel safe here and that means knowing that the person that they are corresponding with is who she appears to be.

4 Old Comments:

on one of the bigger web lists I am on there was a poll on why home birth- top reason- previous hospital experiences!! Just though I would mention it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 AM  

Thank you, Amy.

Danielle

By Blogger Danielle, at 11:46 AM  

There are other message boards:

mothering.com
about.pregnancy.com
pregnancytoday.com

why not lurk there instead?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

I don't think anyone is "afraid" to post a message on your board as you stated in your opener (which by the way appears to be a story lifted from the fiction section of Tales from the Womb). There are many forums with which to learn about birth, as shown above.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM